Using the Recovery Partition(on selected models)
1. Press < F9 > during bootup.
2. Press [Enter] to select Windows Setup [EMS Enabled].
3. Select the language you want to recover and click Next.
4. Read the ASUS Preload Wizard messages and click Next.
5. Select a partition option and click Next. Partition options:
This option deletes only the first partition and allows you to keep other partitions, and to create a new system partition as drive "C".
Recover Windows to entire HD.
This option deletes all partitions from your hard disk drive and creates a new system partition as drive "C".
Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions.
This option deletes all partitions from your hard drive and creates two new partitions "C" (25%) and "D" (75%).
6. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the recovery process.
If your computer does not support UEFI, delete all the hard drives partitions and create a new partition (backup any data first):
1. Boot from the Windows DVD
2. Click Install Now
3. At the setup screen, click Custom (Advanced)
4. Click Drive Options
5. Select the partition(s) you want to format
6. Click Format - this will delete EVERYTHING on that partition
7. Create a new partition and select a partition to install Windows on.
8. Continue with install.
If the Windows install disk doesn’t work for the above you can do the following to reformat your drive:
1. Download and burn a Gparted ISO from here:
GParted -- About
2. Boot from the Gparted disk.
3. Use Gparted to delete all partitions on the hard drive.
4. Under “Device” choose Create Partition Table to make a new partition table.
5. Create a NTFS partition (or you could wait and create a partition when installing Windows).
6. Then boot from the Windows install disk and install Windows.